Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Calvary Church affiliated with?
Calvary Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Can I still have an internship if I don't agree with Calvary Church’s theology?
We require that all of our participants pass a theological interview given by one of our pastors. As an intern you will be asked to agree with Calvary’s seven fundamental principles. Please click here to review Calvary Church’s core beliefs.
What is the admissions process?
See the Intern Program Overview page and scroll to “Admissions Process”.
How do I apply for Calvary’s Intern Program?
See the Intern Program Overview page and scroll to “Application Steps”.
When can I start?
Internship tracks vary from 4-7 weeks long. Students, Preschool and Children’s ministries have specific beginning and end dates. In the case of Worship, Missions and Adult ministries, Calvary will work with those applicants to determine the beginning and end dates of their internship. It will be based on both the applicant’s availability and the ministry’s calendar of events. See the Intern Program Overview page and scroll to “Opportunities” for specifics.
Who will supervise me?
The Intern Discipleship program is overseen by Tom Price, Executive Pastor of Ministries. You will be supervised and work directly with the Pastor/Director and staff of the ministry you have chosen.
Does Calvary give benefits to participants?
Calvary does not offer benefits to interns. Participants do need to have their own health and auto insurance. We will ask for proof of health and auto insurance before your internship starts.
Can I work and be an intern at the same time?
No. Calvary wants you to be able to fully focus all your energy on the ministry you will be working with throughout the program. Internships will require approximately 30 hours a week.
Will I be paid as an Intern?
Yes. Interns will be paid a stipend every two weeks (aligning with Calvary’s payroll schedule) to help with the costs of living. However, if someone is earning college credit through our Internship Discipleship program, the guidelines set forth by the college of university in regards to compensation will be followed.
Does Calvary Church provide housing accommodations?
Calvary DOES NOT provide housing for interns. All interns are responsible for securing their own housing during their internship. One of the prerequisites to leadership is being able to cast a vision and have others buy-in and support it. That begins with raising support from others to meet your housing expenses for the duration of the program.
Can I go to school and be an intern at the same time?
If you have the need to continue your education during the internship, we ask that you limit it to one class while you are a part of Calvary’s Intern Discipleship program. This will need prior approval from the Executive Pastor of Ministries.
Do I need a car?
Yes, having a car is preferred. Calvary Church is one church with two locations. Participants will sometimes be asked to serve at activities at our second campus. Each participant is responsible for providing his or her own transportation to our locations.
Do I need a laptop?
It is very helpful, but not required.
Do Interns work on Sundays?
Yes, more than likely. The Executive Pastor of Ministries, as well as the Pastor/Director of the ministry you have chosen will determine the role and exact schedule of the intern.
Can I take a vacation while I am an intern?
No. We expect you to commit to being available for the entire duration of your internship. Except for family emergencies, any vacation exception would be granted at the discretion of the Executive Pastor of Ministries. Vacation exceptions will require a discussion DURING the interview process and prior approval BEFORE you begin your internship.
What are the standards that Interns must abide by?
Calvary Church expects all staff members, leaders and interns to behave in a manner that would be above reproach and reflect positively on Christ and His body, the Church. Intern Discipleship program participants will be held to the same standards as Church Staff. Calvary has the right to release any participant based on any and all standards outlined in the Holy Bible.
Some examples of expectations for Interns include, but are not limited to:
- Commit to refrain from activities that could cause a new believer to stumble such as: abusing prescription drugs; consuming alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs; or engaging in gambling of any type.
- If single, commit to sexual purity, and commit only to dating another believer. If married, commit to marital fidelity.
- Commit to living above reproach: this includes completely avoiding situations that may lead to temptation or may appear compromising in any way.
- Interns will not begin a dating relationship with anyone affiliated with Calvary Church while employed as an Intern. Exceptions may be made for dating relationships established prior to your internship, but does require a discussion with the Executive Pastor of Ministries before the internship begins.
Other standards include, but are not limited to:
Calvary staff, leaders, and interns are encouraged to:
- Have a daily walk with Christ including Bible study and prayer.
- Participate in corporate worship.
- Connect with others in the body of Christ.
- Maintain unity of the church.
- Exhibit the fruits of the Spirit.
- Support the church through regular giving.
- Intentionally build relationships to bring people to D.Y.N.A.M.I.C. life in Christ.
Calvary staff, leaders, and interns should not:
- Ride alone with a person of the opposite sex.
- Go to lunch alone with a person of the opposite sex.
- Display overt and inappropriate affections or engage in any inappropriate physical relationships.
- Visit anyone of the opposite sex alone at home.
- Counsel the opposite sex alone.
- Discuss marriage or sexual problems with the opposite sex.
- Have a member of the opposite sex spend the night. Excluding family members of the opposite sex.
Are there any job guarantees after the program?
There is NO guarantee of employment at Calvary Church or outside of Calvary Church after completion of the program.
Contact email@example.com for more internship information.