First Things – April 1
What an incredible weekend we had as we celebrated the groundbreaking at our East Lake campus last night. A special congratulations to Pastor Danny Bennett and his dear wife Karen as they marked 20 years of ministry at Calvary and 6 years since the launch of our East Lake campus.
We’re still in the finishing stages of getting our final contract for construction ready so it will still be a few weeks before site work begins in earnest at East Lake, but we expect that by late Spring or early Summer you will begin to see serious progress at our East Lake campus. The future is bright!
If you missed my message on March 24, marking 3 years since we launched our x150 campaign I’d encourage you to listen here. It is important to see where God has brought us as a church and to believe as C.S. Lewis said,
“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
Speaking of great things ahead, Easter week is just a few days away. Here is the schedule for Easter weekend on all of our campuses:
• Clearwater Campus – Saturday, April 20th at 6:30pm & Sunday, April 21st at 8:00am, 9:30am, and 11:00am
• East Lake Campus – Saturday, April 20th at 5:00pm & Sunday, April 21st at 8:00am, 9:30am, and 11:00am
• Seminole Campus – Saturday, April 20th at 7:00pm & Sunday, April 21st at 9:30am and 11:00am
Be sure to invite someone! One way to invite someone is to send a personal text or email by using one of our digital invitations. Here are the invitations to the Clearwater Campus, East Lake Campus, and Seminole Campus. This invite could make a forever difference. Who’s your one?
Easter week is also filled with some special events leading up to Easter weekend namely,
• Communion Service on Palm Sunday, April 14th at 6:00pm at all of our campuses. This special service will begin the week of remembrance.
• We are also adding a Good Friday service this year at our Clearwater campus only. Join us Good Friday, April 19th at 12:00pm for a 45 minute service that calls us to soberly remember the sacrifice of our Lord and prepares us for the weekend ahead.
The news that Jesus is risen has changed everything. It is the message that still changes lives today. Let’s be ready to invite, share and welcome those who come as we proclaim the good news.