First Things – June 1
First Things from Pastor Willy – June 1
We’ve missed you! What a challenging Spring it has been for all of us, but as we move into the Summer of 2020, we are welcoming back our church family for in-person services.
This coming weekend is Welcome Back Weekend at Calvary! As we begin to hold in-person services again, there are many things that we are to keep in mind. This is an interim period and so the schedule will be different, important health protocols will be followed, and some of our normal programming will not be in place for a while.
Here is the schedule for this coming weekend. We anticipate this weekly schedule to be followed through the month of June.
Thursday (June 4), 6:00PM Clearwater Campus
Saturday (June 6), 6:00PM Clearwater, East Lake and Seminole
Sunday (June 7), 9:30AM & 11:30AM Clearwater, East Lake and Seminole
Here are some things you need to know:
• We are following CDC guidelines for social distancing and other recommendations to keep everyone as safe as possible.
• We are striving for no more than 50% capacity in each service as well as room to practice social distancing guidelines.
• Each service is a “no-touch” service: no handshaking, no offering plates passed, no worship guide handouts…literally nothing to touch.
• There will be no children or preschool ministries offered. This will not last. We will add back those ministries as soon as it is safe and manageable to do so.
• There will be no other on-campus groups or ministries during these worship times.
• Our cafés and coffee areas will be closed.
• In order to create the space needed for CDC guidelines, please consider the Thursday or Saturday night services as we believe more room will be available during those times.
If you are sick, please stay home. If you have extra reason to be cautious due to underlying health concerns or vulnerabilities, please consider waiting a few weeks to come back. We will continue with our online broadcast every Sunday at 9:30 and 11:30, so even if you can’t make it back next weekend you can still stay connected to Calvary.
This schedule will change as the summer progresses. We will gradually be able to add back children and preschool ministries as well as some groups meeting on campus.
This Wednesday, June 3rd at 6:00, we are going to pre-empt our normal Wednesday Night Summer Bible Study online to host a panel of church and community leaders for a discussion around the topic “The Gospel and Race”. Given all that is occurring in our nation we felt like it was important to create a space where we can address this topic and call our church to prayer. The panel discussion will be online through our normal formats and I invite you to tune in for this special conversation.
Of course, many of our normal ministries had to be cancelled or reformatted during this period. We are still doing our VBS but it is going to be an online experience this summer. You can register your kids to receive a registration packet and participate in our online VBS at Calvary.us/VBS.
There’s an old gospel song that said, “I’m not where I wanna be, I’m not where I’m gonna be, but praise God I’m not where I was.” Well, that describes the summer of 2020. We aren’t yet back at full strength. We will get there, but for now let’s be grateful that we are moving on and moving forward.
We will do our very best to create a safe environment for you and to model concern and responsibility for our community. However, it is very important that we begin to re-gather as the body of Christ for public worship as each of us is able. This week we turn a corner. I hope to be able to welcome you back to our campuses at Calvary for this Welcome Back Weekend!