First Things – March 1
March is a beautiful time of the year in Florida and as Spring approaches so do some very big events at Calvary.
This March marks the formal end of the 3-year campaign for X150. This first phase of X150 may well be remembered as the campaign that helped changed the focus and direction of our church toward multiplication. Three years ago, hundreds of Calvary families like you committed to give above and beyond their normal gifts toward our X150 Vision.
Here are some of the things we dreamed about and prayed about that have become reality since March of 2016:
• We finished the new Anderson Athletic Center on the Clearwater campus, a state-of-the-art home for CCHS athletics, and we finished it debt free.
• We completed our renovations of the Student Ministry Center on our Clearwater campus.
• We opened our new campus in Seminole after extensive renovations to the old Bay Ridge Baptist Church campus.
• We purchased the old “Italian American Club” at our Clearwater campus and have repurposed it into the Calvary Community Center where we feed around 200 families per week.
• We helped plant 7 new churches in North America
• We helped revitalize 3 churches in the Tampa Bay area that were struggling to stay open.
• We helped plant 34 churches internationally in places like Brazil, Guatemala, and southeast Asia.
• We established our Calvary X150 internship program and our leadership pipeline training for future leaders.
We did all of this debt free. After 3 years, we can count 45 wins toward our goal of multiplying by 150 by 2025. Calvary is truly part of a church planting multiplication movement. What an amazing 3 years it has been! To God be the glory! But there is one final project on our original list and this month we break ground.
One of the biggest parts of our X150 Vision was to build a new facility at our East Lake campus. Over the last 3 years, we have worked on the design, have received the permits, and now we are ready to begin. To date, we have more than $3,680,000 toward our East Lake construction project and I am happy to announce that this month on March 31st we are breaking ground! We have scheduled a church-wide celebration on Sunday, March 31 at 6:00 in the evening at our East Lake campus. We will have an outdoor ceremony to celebrate all that God has done through our X150 Vision and then to break ground on our new facility.
Of the initial 11.9 million committed to the X150 Vision, $10,812,669.00 has been given. We hope to finish this month by coming as close to that original goal as possible. You can help.
• If you made an X150 commitment 3 years ago, I hope you will make a strong finish in the final month of this initiative and give as much as you can toward your original goal.
• If you came during the last 3 years, I hope you will consider giving a special gift to help us reach our final goal of 11.9 million given between March 2016-March 2019.
• I also hope you will continue giving to x150 beyond this month as you are able. We are continuing the X150 advance and need your help to continue to fund the next chapter of our X150. We still have a good ways to go to fully fund our East Lake project and we are counting on the continued generous giving of the Calvary family who want to invest in advancing God’s kingdom.
The beginning of Spring also means that Summer is just around the corner and that means it is time to begin scheduling for missions trips and summer camps.
• Multiply your life through sharing the Gospel through a mission trip in South Asia, London or Guatemala. For a complete list of our 2019 trips, visit Calvary.us/MissionTrips.
• Calvary Kids has two exciting summer events each year. VBS is June 17th – 20th at both Clearwater and Seminole campuses. Volunteers can start signing up at Calvary.us/VBS. Then, WinShape Camp returns July 15th – 19th at the Clearwater campus. Registration starts on March 3rd at Calvary.us/WinShape.
• Calvary Students travel to Lookout Mountain from July 15th – 19th for Generate Camp. To register, visit Calvary.us/StudentCamp.
I’m looking forward to seeing you this weekend as we continue our series from Colossians “Enough: Why Jesus is All You Need.” Join us for the next important message in the series. This week, I’ll be teaching about the most transformational principle in all of human relationships. The message is entitled, “Not About Me”. I sure hope to see you this weekend at Calvary.