Become a Calvary X150 Intern
God is moving. Are you?
The goal of the internship program is to help men and women discover their vocation and gain an understanding of how they can multiply their life in a variety of Kingdom contexts – Calvary church campuses, international church planting movements, church revitalizations, and North American church plants.
What makes the X150 Internship unique is the intentional exposure to Calvary’s ministries and ministry partners. From the outset of the program, interns will have opportunities to learn from and work alongside key leaders at Calvary Church and at Calvary’s partners on the ground locally, nationally, and internationally. Specifically, interns will engage in real world ministry by leading in Calvary’s College & Young Adult ministry.
Throughout the program, interns also will be immersed in various training environments such as Calvary staff meetings, X150 conferences, the Calvary Coaching Network, and NAMB and IMB training curricula.
Duration of Program:5 months (January through May)
Program Start Date:Tuesday, January 15th
Application Deadline:Sunday, December 15th
Time Commitment:6-8 hours/week
(Sunday nights from 5-7pm (monthly), Tuesdays from 9am-12pm, Thursdays from 6pm-9pm.)
To be considered, applicants are required to submit the following forms in order to complete their personal Intern Portfolio.
With the exception of the resume, all items in the portfolio must use the corresponding Calvary form. We will not accept an email as a recommendation; however a separate email may accompany the Calvary recommendation form(s) and be sent to Pastor Jeremy Westbrook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the average applicant?
Full-time interns are typically individuals that have recently graduated with their college or seminary degree, have some ministry experience or work on a church staff, have demonstrated a potential for leadership, and are seeking to become a ministry leader or church planter.
You must be over 18 years old to intern at Calvary Church.
What will my weekly responsibilities be?
What is the selection process?
• Intern Application is received, a confirmation email is sent to the applicant
• Applicant begins completing their Intern Portfolio by getting required recommendations & submitting a resumé. (See Application Steps)
• All Portfolios are reviewed, but only a select group of students will be chosen for an interview
• Theological Interview
• Check of References
• Background Check completed (Includes a federal/state/local screening + a national sexual predator registry screening)
• Notification of acceptance from the Senior Associate Pastor
• Proof of health and auto insurance verified. All employment documents completed.
Calvary has the right to refuse any application/intern portfolio based on any and all standards outlined in the Bible.
How do I apply for Calvary’s Intern Program?
When can I start?
Does Calvary give benefits to participants?
Can I work and be an intern at the same time?
Due to the workload and hours full-time, interns will not have the time to pick up an additional job.
Will I be paid as an Intern?
Part time internship 12,000 a year.
Full time internship is 12,000 + Support Raised Funds.
*We believe if God has called you to full time staff as an intern that God will provide the funds through support raising and scholarships.
Does Calvary Church provide housing accommodations?
Can I go to school and be an intern at the same time?
Do I need a car?
Do I need a laptop?
What are the standards that Interns must abide by?
Some examples of expectations for Interns include, but are not limited to:
• Commit to refrain from activities that could cause a new believer to stumble such as: abusing prescription drugs; consuming alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs; or engaging in gambling of any type.
• If single, commit to sexual purity, and commit only to dating another believer. If married, commit to marital fidelity.
• Commit to living above reproach: this includes completely avoiding situations that may lead to temptation or may appear compromising in any way.
• Interns will not begin a dating relationship with anyone affiliated with Calvary Church while employed as an Intern. Exceptions may be made for dating relationships established prior to your internship, but does require a discussion with the Lead Pastor of Ministries before the internship begins.
Other standards include, but are not limited to:
Calvary staff, leaders, and interns are encouraged to:
• Have a daily walk with Christ including Bible study and prayer.
• Participate in corporate worship.
• Connect with others in the body of Christ.
• Maintain unity of the church.
• Exhibit the fruits of the Spirit.
• Support the church through regular giving.
• Intentionally build relationships to bring people to dynamic life in Christ.
Calvary staff, leaders, and interns should not:
• Ride alone with a person of the opposite sex.
• Go to lunch alone with a person of the opposite sex.
• Display overt and inappropriate affections or engage in any inappropriate physical relationships.
• Visit anyone of the opposite sex alone at home.
• Counsel the opposite sex alone.
• Discuss marriage or sexual problems with the opposite sex.
• Have a member of the opposite sex spend the night. Excluding family members of the opposite sex.